- This event has passed.
Putting the “Business” into Business Architecture
September 17, 2013 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT
Please join us on Tuesday, September 17 for our next Twin Cities Business Architecture Forum meeting hosted by our sponsor member, Target Corporation.
According to Forrester Research, almost one quarter of its clients recently report that the business is accountable for Business Architecture. Business Architecture is growing and maturing as a discipline—where is the optimal place to manage it? This question will surely vary from organization to organization, but there seems to be a trend of Business Architecture evolving from its necessary birthplace in IT, and making its way quickly, and many would say appropriately, to the business side of the organization. We invite you to an interactive dialog that will explore the following questions:
- Where is business architecture organizationally positioned today across the TCBAF community?
- What are the pro’s and con’s of Business Architecture positioned within the business? Within IT?
- Where is the best place (e.g., COO, Corporate Process (Six Sigma) or Strategy offices, Finance, etc.) to position Business Architecture for success?
- What do federated models and other organizational approaches look like where there is co-ownership of Business Architecture?
- What are the lessons learned for those who have moved their Business Architecture practices to be owned by the business? Likewise for those in IT?
Given the nature of this dialog, please feel free to bring a business partner along that
- Business Meeting
- Brief Presentation
- Roundtable Discussion